Origins of the Podcast
The history of podcasts first appeared in an article by Ben Hammersley in The Guardian newspaper in 2004. Podcast itself originally comes from the word Pod which is an abbreviation of the word Playable on Demand .
Podcasts were originally designed to be played on gadgets that use iOS systems such as Macs and iPods. Podcasts are getting more and more popular from year to year and reached the peak of its popularity in 2007. Podcasts continue to grow rapidly to this day.
With the development of today’s increasingly sophisticated era, accessing and subscribing to podcasts has become easier. This flexible access system is what makes Podcasts a boom for many listeners to access.
What Is A Podcast
Podcasts are audio recordings of discussions covering a particular topic, such as business or travel, that can be listened to. Podcasts are widely used by the public to listen to news, knowledge, and share knowledge that can be repeated. Podcasts are one of the most popular content, because they can be listened to while traveling, such as traveling to the office or even at work. That’s because we don’t have to visually see podcast sessions.
Unlike radio, which has to listen to all the content broadcast via radio, in podcasts we can choose the topic we want, repeat, and even skip the parts we don’t like. In fact, Podcasts can now be used as a low-cost investment field, because they do not require radio stations. Listeners also have the opportunity to choose to download topics that suit their tastes.
Currently, there are many Podcasts with various topics often found on iTunes and Spotify. Meanwhile, podcasts in the form of audio and visual can be found and accessed through YouTube.
Benefits and Advantages of Podcasts
Podcasts have several benefits and advantages over other channels. Besides being able to be accessed at any time, Podcasts can also set the topic of the audio show you want to listen to, ranging from light topics, about education, music, discussions, and so on. Some of the other advantages of podcasts are:
- Many choices of topics , podcasts have a lot of language topics used, ranging from the categories of comedy, music, film, politics, etc.
- Does not serve ads . Unlike radio which always inserts advertisements, podcasts do not have advertisements, so listening to the content will feel more comfortable and focused.
- Flexible and can be listened to anywhere, Podcasts can be heard regardless of time and place. Podcasts can also be accessed on the way to or from work, before bed, or when you’re bored.
Type Type Podcast
In terms of content, podcasts have several types, where each type has its own audience. Here is a brief explanation
- Interview podcast , is a podcast where the host will conduct an interview session with guests or different sources for each episode. An example of a podcast interview can be found on Deddy Corbuzier’s Youtube channel.
- Solo podcasts are podcasts performed by the hosts themselves or monologues. The purpose of a solo podcast itself is to convey an opinion, share information, or conduct a question and answer session. Where, done by the host and listener. One example of this podcast is the Smart Passive Income Podcast hosted by Pat Flynn is a very interesting example of a solo podcast .
- Multi-hosted podcasts are podcasts that have more than one host. The purpose of multi-hosted podcasts is to offer discussion and have different opinions and perspectives, to develop more interesting discussions. One example of a podcast that is quite successful in this type is The Fizzle Show. This podcast is hosted by Caleb Wojcik, Corbett Barr, and Chase Reevers.
Recommended Podcast Channels
Want to start enjoying podcast content but not sure where to start? Here are some of the best podcast channels with a wide range of topics:
- Beginning of the week
- Point of view
- Meaning talks
- Early week podcasts
- Do you see what i see
- PORD (Podcast Raditya Dika)
- Pursue smart pack
Application For Podcasts
There are several applications that can be used to be able to enjoy podcast content, what are they? Here is the list
- Anchor, Anchor is a podcast application that sounds familiar in many circles. Applications can be used to listen, and also create podcasts. Content that has been created can also make money.
- Podbean, This application may be less popular than other applications. However, Podbean is a pretty capable podcast app . Podbean presents a large collection of podcasts that have been categorized further, users can also subscribe to the podcasts they like.
- Castbox, Castbox presents a collection of more than 1 million podcasts collected from various sources such as iTunes and others. The app includes support for 70 languages, podcasts for learning languages and more. Just like Anchor, Castbox can be downloaded for free without any ads.
- Spotify, this application has spread its wings by not only presenting music content in its application, but also presenting podcast content with complete topics.
- Youtube , Podcasts on this channel are slightly different compared to other channels. Because podcasts on YouTube provide audio and visual content.
How to Create Your Own Podcast
Here are some easy ways to create your own podcast:
- Setting a theme, many podcasts are broadcast in bulk via digital music services. Some podcast media usually provide shows based on categories such as comedy, political news, sports commentary, music, movies and others. Choose a topic or niche that matches your interests and mastery of the material
- Prepare a place, prepare a special soundproof place/studio so that when recording Podcasts there is no noise (interference)
- Prepare equipment, namely podcast equipment such as Microphone, Audio recording, Editing Software, etc. Determine the equipment that suits your needs
- Determining a niche , choose a podcast niche by choosing a topic that is mastered to make it easier for the podcast creation process.
- Mastering the material, mastering the material that will be brought before recording. Even better if you make a script to further expedite the recording process .
- Edit podcast results, maximize the finished recording, this serves to maintain a consistent volume, add intros and outros, correct errors and eliminate empty air gaps. Applications that can be used are Audacity, Adobe Audition or GarageBand.
Anda harus log masuk untuk menerbitkan komentar.